Melbourne milliner Louise Macdonald has a reputation for quality and sophistication in headwear.
Her fashion range has unique and beautiful pieces to wear when attending a wedding, a party or events of the Spring Carnival Racing (such as Melbourne Cup, Derby Day and and Oaks Day), Dubai World Cup, Royal Ascot or Kentucky Derby.
- View her latest fashion hats and headpieces
- Need help to find the perfect hat? Go to Trends and tips
- Enjoy Louise's made to measure service and have a hat designed exclusively for you
- Subscribe to her newsletter and receive information about fashion collections by email.
Q&A with Louise Macdonald
What influences your designs? Where do you get your inspiration?
I get inspiration from the fabrics I use. I'm always on the look out for different materials to design hats and fascinators. I might discover new ones and get inspired by the way they can be manipulated or draped. Read the full answer in the About Louise section
When do you start preparing/planning for the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival?
February is the time when I start researching clothing styles and colours for the coming season. From there I source materials and progress to creating my millinery collection. By June I am in full swing, producing the designs for my online shop and Hugo Boss woman's wear range. Read the full answer in the About Louise section
How to order
For your convenience, there are different ways to order your fashion hat or fascinator:
- Online – purchase your fashion hat or fascinator from our online shop (read about security)
- By telephone or in person – call Louise Macdonald's millinery studio (telephone 03 9650 1352 or +61 3 9650 1352) to place your order, or to make an appointment to visit the studio
- Online – you can pay by secure online credit card payment (Visa or MasterCard) through our online shop (read about security)
- By telephone – you can pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or direct deposit (only if you are in Australia) by telephone (03 9650 1352 or +61 3 9650 1352)
- In person – you can pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard), EFTPOS, cheque or cash
Delivery – You can collect your fashion hat or fascinator at Louise Macdonald's studio in Melbourne or it can be sent to you (Australia or overseas). The postage cost will be informed on request.
Return policy – No refunds; returns on damaged goods to be made within 7 (seven) days of delivery/collection.
Enquiries – For more information, please contact Louise Macdonald Milliner in Melbourne.